Seeking Nominations for the Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CUGH) Global Health Competency Subcommittee
Dear CUGH Membership,
The CUGH Global Health Competency Subcommittee is a subcommittee of the CUGH Education Committee. The subcommittee includes 21 members and 2 students, and members serve for 3 year terms. Each year, 1/3 of the members rotate off of the committee, so we are now calling for nominations to add 6 new members and 2 student members to the subcommittee. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved with the work of CUGH and to work with other interprofessional colleagues to advance global health education. The members of the subcommittee published a list of proposed global health competencies, and have recently updated and launched the CUGH Competency Toolkit (2nd edition) with many resources that can be used to teach these competencies (see https://www.cugh.org/resources/2063 ) (see http://www.annalsofglobalhealth.org/article/S2214-9996(15)01156-X/pdf)
To define global health competencies appropriate for several levels of training and job expectations, and to propose ways of using competencies in the design of global health curricula. Refer to https://www.cugh.org/committees/global-health-competency-subcommittee
• Attend 50% of meetings/conference calls.
• Commit at least 4 hours per month to Subcommittee work.
• Active participation and contribution to meetings, activities, and subcommittee work.
o May include drafting or reviewing documents, gathering information, participating in group presentations, representing the subcommittee in meetings, and other activities.
o Active participation also involves adhering to the reasonable deadlines set by the Chair or Co-Chair.
• Subcommittee Members must be an Active member of CUGH (either individual or institutional).
• Subcommittee Members will serve for a 3 year term, with 1/3 of the members rotating off to make way for new members each year. The exception will be for those pursuing leadership positions, who may extend their period of membership with approval of the Chair and Co-Chair.
• TAC (Trainee Advisory Committee) Subcommittee Members will serve a 1 year term.
How to apply:
If you are interested in serving on this subcommittee, please e-mail Dr. Jenni Zambriski, Chair of the Nominating Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org), by Monday, February 11, 2019 . Please include a 250 word biographical sketch and a 250 word statement of interest.
Thank you in advance!
Jenni Zambriski, DVM, PhD (Chair) Sohaila Cheema, MD, MBBS, MPH
Megan Jehn, PhD, MHS Col. Edwin Burkett, MD, MBA, FAAFP
The CUGH Global Health Competency Subcommittee