CUGH was founded within academic global health programs and recognizes the need to expand and develop global health educational programs and resources.
The Education Committee promotes health equity and planetary health through education and capacity building across disciplines, professions, institutions, and countries.
We accomplish this via:
- developing and disseminating guidelines for global health education;
- supporting learning communities and providing resources for global health educators and trainees;
- and strengthening training in resource-constrained institutions.
Our mission is implemented via our Committee members, subcommittees, working groups, and the Trainee Advisory Committee of CUGH.
Updates and Membership
Education updates are sent to the CUGH education list periodically. Calls for members are sent out each fall for all committees and subcommittees; all CUGH members are welcome to apply to any group. To be added to the CUGH education mailing list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Committee Information & Resources
Quentin Gavin Eichbaum – Vanderbilt University
James Hudspeth – Boston University (Co-Chair of the Education Committee)
Tracy L. Rabin – Yale University (Co-Chair of the Education Committee)
Virginia Rowthorn – University of Maryland Francis King Carey School Of Law
Korydon Smith – University at Buffalo
Sylvia T. Callender-Carter – University of Global Health Equity
Anna Kalbarczyk – Johns Hopkins University
Diane Nguyen – Baylor College of Medicine
Jessica Evert – Child Family Health International
Gibson Sijumbila – Mulungushi University
Keith Martin – Consortium of Universities for Global Health (Ex-Officio member)
Deepika Khanna – University of Illinois (TAC Chair)
Iris Martine Blom – University of Amsterdam (TAC Member)
Erin Madison – Eastern Virginia Medical School (TAC Member)
In addition to these members, chairs of the EC’s Subcommittees also participate in calls and meetings. See the “Explore Subcommittees” tab for more information.
- Conceptualizing Medical Humanities Programs in Low-Resource Settings in Africa – featuring Quentin Eichbaum
- Transforming Global Health: Interdisciplinary Challenges, Perspectives, and Strategies Textbook – featuring Korydon Smith
- Not Above the Law: A Legal and Ethical Analysis of Short-Term Experiences in Global Health – featuring Virginia Rowthorn and Jessica Evert
- Reconfiguring a One-Way Street: A Position Paper on Why and How to Improve Equity In Global Physician Training – featuring James Hudspeth, Tracy Rabin, and Virginia Rowthorn
- Decolonizing Global Health Education: Rethinking Institutional Partnerships and Approaches – featuring Quentin Eichbaum, Lisa Adams, and Jessica Evert