CUGH was founded within academic global health programs and recognizes the need to expand and develop global health educational programs and resources.
The Education Committee promotes health equity and planetary health through education and capacity building across disciplines, professions, institutions, and countries.
We accomplish this via:
- developing and disseminating guidelines for global health education;
- supporting learning communities and providing resources for global health educators and trainees;
- and strengthening training in resource-constrained institutions.
Our mission is implemented via our Committee members, subcommittees, working groups, and the Trainee Advisory Committee of CUGH.
Updates and Membership
Education updates are sent to the CUGH education list periodically. Calls for members are sent out each fall for all committees and subcommittees; all CUGH members are welcome to apply to any group. To be added to the CUGH education mailing list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Committee Information & Resources
Roy Mubuuke – Makerere University College of Health Sciences (Co-Chair of the Education Committee)
Athena Madan – Royal Roads University (Co-Chair of the Education Committee)
Tracy L. Rabin – Yale University
Virginia Rowthorn – University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law
James Hudspeth – Boston University
Sylvia T. Callendar-Carter – University of Global Health Equity
Diane Nguyen – Baylor College of Medicine
Jessica Evert – Child Family Health International
Susan Elliott – University of Waterloo
Gibson Sijumbila – Mulungushi University
Martin Nyaaba Adokiya – University of Michigan
Ashti Doobay-Persaud – Northwestern University
Rui Dang – Westminister International University in Tashkent and Gdansk University of Technology
Stephanie Lukas – University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis
Portia Jordan – Stellenbosch University
Joachim D. Sackey – The State University of New Jersey
Steven Hawks – Utah State University
Elizabeth Frost – San Diego State University (TAC Member)
Iris Martine Blom – University of Amsterdam (TAC Member)
In addition to these members, chairs of the EC’s Subcommittees also participate in calls and meetings. See the “Explore Subcommittees” tab for more information.
- Conceptualizing Medical Humanities Programs in Low-Resource Settings in Africa – featuring Quentin Eichbaum
- Transforming Global Health: Interdisciplinary Challenges, Perspectives, and Strategies Textbook – featuring Korydon Smith
- Not Above the Law: A Legal and Ethical Analysis of Short-Term Experiences in Global Health – featuring Virginia Rowthorn and Jessica Evert
- Reconfiguring a One-Way Street: A Position Paper on Why and How to Improve Equity In Global Physician Training – featuring James Hudspeth, Tracy Rabin, and Virginia Rowthorn
- Decolonizing Global Health Education: Rethinking Institutional Partnerships and Approaches – featuring Quentin Eichbaum, Lisa Adams, and Jessica Evert