Free online courses:
- The Social Context of Mental Health and Illness explores the socio-cultural factors which influence the onset and course of mental illness, and how mental health is perceived within a community or a society.
- Major Depression in the Population: A Public Health Approach applies the principles of public health to mental disorders, using depression as the exemplar. Topic addressed include principles of epidemiology, transcultural psychiatry, health services research, and prevention.
- Resilience in Children Exposed to Trauma, Disaster and War: Global Perspectives is a research-based course about resilience in children exposed to trauma, war, disasters, and other adversities. Attendees will also learn how to design specific interventions and programs to promote resilience.
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and other Substance Use Disorders in Primary Care teaches about the prevention and treatment of substance use disorders, providing strategies to communicate with people seeking care as well as key tips for monitoring and follow-up care
- List of other mental health resources