CUGH recognizes that facilitating administrative functions, processes, and services are vital to effectively supporting the global health enterprise.
The Global Health Operations Committee (GHOC) works to identify and develop guiding principles to enhance university and organizational administrations’ procedural and financial alignment with programmatic priorities in global health, education, research, and service activities.
The GHOC develops strategies to effectively respond to global opportunities and share best practices for, amongst other things:
- Managing international risk;
- Developing legal frameworks;
- Establishing and sustaining global health partnerships.
- Richard Wamai
- Anna Helova
- Shahanaz Chowdhury, MD, Bangladesh University of Health Sciences
- Annalicia Pickering, MD,Stanford University School of Medicine
- Oriaku Oluchi Okereke
- Saswati Das, Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Medical Sciences
- Laura Durda, CDC Foundation
- Anna Helova, DrPH, MA, MBA, University of Alabama, Birmingham
- Amy Gastinger, MSc, University of Pennslyvania
- Corrado Cancedda, University of Pennslyvania
- Edward Rosenbaum, New York University College of Dentistry
- Joe Novotny, MPH, University of California, San Francisco
- Alexandra Leader, MD, MPH, Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Mary P. Chang, MD, MPH, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Emmanuel Abara, MD, FRCSC, FACS, FWACS, MScCH, Richmond Hill Urology Practice and Prostate Institute
- Rebecca Fujimura, MD, Georgetown University
- Srikanth Mahankali, Individual CUGH Member
- Theresa M A. Odero, University of Nairobi
- Nikole H. Allen, MPH, Senior Program Director, Yale Institute for Global Health, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut
- Alyson Lofthouse, Sr. Associate Director, Global Health Program, University of Illinois-Chicago School of Public Health, Chicago, Illinois
- Chris Rapalje, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia
- Keith Martin, MD, PC, Executive Director, Consortium of Universities for Global Health (Ex-Officio member)
Training Advisory Committee (TAC) Members:
- Derrick Bary Abila, Makerere University College of Health Sciences, Kampala, Uganda
- Matthew Kemmerle, Ross University School of Medicine
- The GHOC has developed a Travel Toolkit that combines information and resources to assist those engaging in international travel for global health work.
- The GHOC has also prepared, in collaboration with colleagues from low and middle income countries (LMIC), a series of considerations to guide partnerships with those in LMICs in a way that is responsive to their local context. The documents are in progress.
- The GHOC operates a listserv which CUGH members can use to ask questions and share information about operational issues of interest to global health practitioners.