CUGH recognizes that facilitating administrative functions, processes, and services are vital to effectively supporting the global health enterprise.
The Global Health Operations Committee (GHOC), formerly known as Enabling Systems, identifies and develops guiding principles to enhance university administrations’ procedural and financial alignment with programmatic priorities in global health, education, research, and service activities.
The GHOC develops strategies to effectively respond to global opportunities and share best practices for:
- Accepting and managing international risk;
- Financial services;
- Academic human resources;
- Legal frameworks;
- Communication and outreach;
- Information technologies;
- And transparency in approach and efficiencies with international sites.
Additionally, the GHOC will develop processes for managing information on global health activities across the university.
- Chris Rapalje, Director of Programs & Services, Office of Global Strategy & Initiatives, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia
- Joseph Kolars, MD, Senior Associate Dean for Education & Global Initiatives and Josiah Macy, Jr., Professor of Health Professions Education, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Ann Anderson, Associate Vice President and Controller, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
- King Holmes, MD, Director, Research & Faculty Development, Department of Global Health and Director, Center for AIDS and STD, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
- Nikole H. Allen, MPH, Senior Program Director, Yale Institute for Global Health, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut
- Suraj Bhattarai, MD, DTM&H, MSc, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, London, England
- Kathleen Ellis, Executive Director, Center for Global Health, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina
- Alyson Lofthouse, Sr. Associate Director, Global Health Program, University of Illinois-Chicago School of Public Health, Chicago, Illinois
- Chenjuan Ma, PhD, Assistant Professor, New York University Rory Meyers College of Nursing, New York, New York
- William Nicholson, JD, Associate University Counsel, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
- Tania Piotrowski, MHSA, Administrative Director, Global REACH (Research, Education and Collaboration in Health), University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Jason Rosenfeld, MPH, DrPh, Assistant Director, Global Health, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio
- Richard Wamai, PhD, Associate Professor, Public Health, Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts
- David John Wolking, MSc, Senior Manager, Global Programs, UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine, Davis, California
Training Advisory Committee (TAC) Members:
- Derrick Bary Abila, Makerere University College of Health Sciences, Kampala, Uganda
- Lauren Aycock, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainsville, Florida
- Morgan Forteith, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas J. Gakii Masunga, Graduate Teaching Fellow, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- The GHOC has developed a Travel Toolkit that combines information and resources to assist those engaging in international travel for global health work.
- The GHOC has also prepared, in collaboration with colleagues from low and middle income countries (LMIC), a series of considerations to guide partnerships with those in LMICs in a way that is responsive to their local context. The documents are in progress.
- The GHOC operates a listserv which CUGH members can use to ask questions and share information about operational issues of interest to global health practitioners.