Addressing Critical Gaps in Global Health and Development
From March 12th-14th, 2021, the Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CUGH) held its first virtual global health conference. The host institutions were Texas Children’s Hospital, Rice University, Texas A&M University, UT Health McGovern Medical School, Baylor College of Medicine, Instituto Nacional de Salud Publica, and Tulane University. It’s theme was ‘Addressing Critical Gaps in Global Health and Development.’ 700 posters were shown and 1,950 people registered for the meeting, which was a record. In addition, between March 1st-11th, CUGH hosted 30 free, 3 hour Satellite Sessions on a broad range of contemporary global health challenges. Over 5,000 people registered for the Satellite Sessions, and if you include the conference, individuals from over 100 countries participated in the meetings. Attendees shared knowledge, identified new collaborators, and heard cutting-edge information on how to address some of the big challenges we are facing.
POST CONFERENCE MATERIALS
Learn more about the CUGH 2021 conference and our sponsors.
Open Access Satellite Session Recordings can be viewed on the conference platform. Concurrent sessions and abstracts are also available on the conference platform but are only open to paid conference registrants. Keynotes, Plenaries and Global Leader Interviews are available on youtube and are listed below.
Open Access Conference Materials
Conference Session Recordings on Youtube:
- CUGH 2021 Keynote Interview: Dr. Hugo Lopez-Gatell interviewed by Dr. Pierre Buekens
- CUGH 2021 Keynote Interview: Dr. Anthony Fauci interviewed by Dr. Michele Barry
Satellite Session Recordings on Youtube
CUGH hosted 30 different satellite sessions at CUGH 2021.
CUGH-Pulitzer Center Workshop 2021
CUGH-Pulitzer Center Film Festival 2021
- How Decades of Housing Discrimination Hurts Fresno in the Pandemic – Retro Report
- Undocumented in the Pandemic: ‘Nowhere Else to Go’ – Frontline/Marshall Project
- Introducing ‘Back From the Brink’ – Independent filmmaker
- In an Isolated Inuit Community, Concern Is Strong Over Water Toxins From Hydropower Expansion – centralmaine.com
- The Global Crisis in Recycling – Fortune
- Mi Casita – Coastal Review Online/Working Narratives
- The Gulf of Mexico’s dead zone, explained – The Grist
CUGH 2021 Awardees
CUGH congratulates the winners of our many CUGH 2021 Awards.